Friday, February 23, 2007

life in Texas

i've been in Texas for nearly two weeks. a few days after i arrived, my dad was released from the hospital, so i've been here taking care of him.

my days consist of making breakfast, lunch, and sometimes dinner. every four hours i have to give him some medicine. once a day i walk down to check the mail and feed the horses. the rest of my time is spent encouraging my dad to exercise, using the Internet, watching TV, or going to the grocery store. all the other stuff my mom takes care of either before or after work.

things, overall, are going ok. my dad still can't breathe, but he's learning how to deal with it better. he's on oxygen 24/7. the physical therapist comes out three times a week and works with him and has given us at-home exercises to do. he's getting stronger every day as far as muscles in his legs go, but his lungs aren't getting better. nature of the beast, apparently.

the Lord has really been faithful in blessing me with strength, patience, and contentment. i've been really surprised in my ability to talk with both my parents, during conflict even, and be of help.

right now this is where i'm supposed to be and i am content with that. as for my future, i don't know what God has in store for me. i have to wait for that day to come when He chooses to reveal it to me. otherwise, i will continue my work here.

P.S. my house is still for sale. i've had a few more showings, but no offers yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You sound good, Jenny.
Still thinkin of ya and prayin.
Love, Phyllis