Saturday, February 10, 2007

help!

i am going to Texas ... don't know how long i will be there, but am staying flexible. basically you can call it a visit since my house hasn't sold yet. therefore, for all those in Colorado, you WILL see me again. as my dad would say, "is that a promise or a threat?" well, both, probably. :-)

in preparing to go there, i've realized how much i failed the last time i was there. my dad was at home for one week and in the hospital for the second week of my visit. and i really didn't handle the situation well at all. basically i withdrew into my mom's camp of the negative and critical natures that are so much a part of me. i withdrew from my dad because i didn't know how to handle him being sick, irritable, at home, and in the hospital. i've never had to do this before, so my first attempt should naturally be awkward and imperfect. however, i still feel badly about it.
and so, for my second attempt, i pray i will be better. i pray i will seek the Lord's wisdom when my dad says, "no, i don't feel like walking." i pray i will not be so critical of everything he does or does not do. and i pray i will find understanding in his situation so i can better relate to him.

overall, i'm not really sure what the Lord has in store for my time there, but i pray, mostly, that i will be a vessel for His love. other than that, i just ask for help from Him to keep me strong and open. i know for a fact that i can't succeed without Him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can do it... you know, You Can Do It! lol ; ) you're stronger and at your best when you're really needed... you may not think so, but you are... keep your chin up chica... many blessings to you and yours.