Monday, October 16, 2006

life

class ended, i stood around, someone official introduced me to Adolfo Villamar, the man of the house. we put my stuff in his little Kia and went to the house. he took me to my room, introduced me to Anna, his wife, and told me when lunch was. there was music playing in the living room and things looked clean and comfy.

when you go in through the garage, it's sort of like a breezeway. there are plants and what should be a fountain. there's also a double staircase that goes up to other students' rooms and i guess the family's room.

my room has a bed, closet, table, chair, and window. amazingly enough, i have my own bathroom! and at the house you can flush the paper. so i organized my stuff and waiting for lunch. Anna dished up my plate and left. Adolfo eventually came in and we talked a little. the other students don't come to lunch until 1:30. so tomorrow i'll wait for them. i just couldn't wait today since Adolfo had to pick me up and take me home. lunch was a piece of chicken with some kind of yellow sauce over top, cubed potatoes, corn, tortillas, and some kind of lemonade.

the three students are European. the two guys came in and introduced themselves (Mark from England and Patrick from Swizterland), but the girl (from New Zealand) could have cared less and was quite unfriendly. she was the first to sit down at the table with me, but she got a newspaper out and started reading while Anna dished up her plate. anyways, we all ate, i waited for everyone to finish since i didn't know what to do, and then followed suit. and then they left the house together.

i went to my room, repacked my backpack, and then walked back up here to the school where i am now, in the back, sitting outside in where i am cool and listening to life. many teachers have walked by and say hello to me each time. a couple of white girls have walked by, but ignore me. they're young and smoke and i guess only like eachother. i don't know.

anyways, we have some kind of activity schedule at 4 today, so i still have 40 minutes to wait and see what happens. hopefully it'll be something kind of fun. i'll let you know. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you are starting to get a feel for things and getting a hang of the routine just by following suit. girls are usually unfriendly - they feel threatened but may lighten up after they get to know you a little. i'm glad at least the guys are being nice.

so cool. don't forget to take pictures!