Tuesday, October 17, 2006

day two

i won't be able to be online this afternoon because i'm going on an actividad at 2 en punto. right after class is over, i have to walk to the bank and convert my money to queztales. then i have to walk home for lunch. and then come back to the school for the tour. hopefully i'll make it.

dinner last night was chicken broth, black beans, tortillas, and bread. i ate with Adolfo only. i think he's a Christian. he said he would pray for my dad today. that was nice of him. before we started eating he pulled out a "pan de la palabra" which was a coaster with a Bible verse and prayer on it in Spanish. he read the prayer and then we ate. :-)

breakfast was scrambled eggs with red peppers. i ate around the peppers. the girl is gone, so it was just me and the two guys. we sorta talked. but after breakfast was over, i grabbed my stuff and left for school. i didn't know how long they would be and didn't want to be late.

class thus far today is confusing. i'm learning more about the question words, like Que, Cuanto, Cual, etc. learning the definitions and examples of each. i had to write it all down. the Quien word is for Who, but there's like 4 versions of it. A Quien, De Quien, Para Quien, Quien, Con Quien, oh, i guess that's 5. nonetheless, it's confusing.

anyways, the activity today is a bus tour of cultural stuff. and it costs 35 queztales. and apparently the school doesn't convert money. i thought they did.

so on our break today we had a little birthday party for the students and teachers whose birthdays are in october. we had little piece of cake and some chips in a bag. it's cute how they are portioned out. :-)

thank you, to EVERYONE, for your support yesterday (and today, and tomorrow). i needed comfort and found it. i cried and feel better, but still lonely. trying to lean on my Savior for strength though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenny my dear; I hope you read this before your next posting. I am so sorry that I didn't get a chance to see you before you left. I was at my house waiting by the phone for a call to tell me when you arrived at G'ma's/G'pa's house. I guess they just forgot all about me. They didn't give it a thought until I said something about it yesterday. I am so sorry that you are having a rough time where you are. I do hope that things will improve for you soon!
Stay sweet!

Anonymous said...

hi jenny,
we've been praying for you and your dad today. you are in our thoughts and we know that God will see you through.

peppers make me belch.

talk to you soon,
love and hugs