Saturday, September 23, 2006

it's a done deal

i got the official go-ahead from OC for a leave of absence, i've made my flight arrangements, and i just now clicked the submit button to enroll in school. it's hard to believe this is really happening. here's the breakdown...

on October 14 i'll fly to Houston. my mom will pick me up and we'll drive together to Dallas, spend the night, and get to the airport super early. the reason i'm not flying to Guatemala from here or Houston is because all those flights put me in Guatemala after 7 p.m. and i didn't really feel comfortable arriving in the dark. but if i fly out of Dallas i arrive at 1 in the afternoon.

when i arrive i will be greeted by a member of the school who will drive me from the airport to my lodging in Antigua. the next day i will start school for 10 weeks, 8 in Antigua and 2 in Puerto Viejo. on December 23 a member of the school in Puerto Viejo will drive me to the airport in Guatemala City to board a plane for Houston.

i'll spend the week of Christmas with my family, then board yet another plane on the 30th to come back to Colorado Springs. at last, home. then January 2 i go back to work.

wow, that sounds overwhelming, but i'm excited nonetheless. with that said, i need to continue organizing my life now, if that's possible. adios! :-)

No comments: