Monday, September 18, 2006

eek!

my tuesday meeting with harold got moved up a day, which means i've had the meeting and have asked for what i think i want and actually GOT IT! so...

i am taking a leave of absence from OC International from October 16 to December 31, without pay. i will go to language school in Guatemala October 16 to December 15, spend Christmas with my family, then come back to OC to work on January 2. at that point, i will discuss with my boss what my job looks like, whether i continue to work full time, part time, or not at all.

i can't believe i'm doing this. the afternoon was pretty scary, leading up to the meeting, then during the meeting formally asking for two+ months off w/o pay. i am really pleased, though, at my boss' support and encouragement. seems like everything is falling into place...

wow...

No comments: