Sunday, December 23, 2012

Day Six of Fasting at True North

Day Six has started out a lot better than yesterday. I was asleep by 11 (later than normal) and first woke at 5:30 then again at 7. when i got up i wasn't light headed. i felt weak a little, but not dizzy or anything. i feel a little hungry this morning which surprises me, but my stomach isn't growling.

the patches around my hairline are still there and very flaky. i asked the dr during rounds if i could wash my hair. he said no at first, but since i have short hair and could get it done in the sink he said yes. i'm still trying to wait it out, but i'm not sure i'm going to make it 6 more days.

BP 110/98, HR 51, TEMP 97.7, WT 143.2

at 10 they are showing a video and then two lectures at 2 and 6:30. i will go to the lectures, but not the video. it's raining like crazy and chilly as usual, but i think tomorrow is supposed to be drier.

a part of me wishes i could go run... i know i wouldn't make it far because of being weak, but i'm looking forward to putting on my running shoes and testing out my breathing at the end of my stay here (after i've re-fed for a few days).

food, all kinds of food, has been occupying most of my thoughts the last two days. last night's dinner looked really good, too - one of my roommates brought her dinner back to the apartment to eat it. smelled great, too. i'm realizing my sense of smell is very sensitive the last few days. then my other roommate brought in a bowl of pineapple. she was across the room from me and i could smell it so strongly!

No comments: