Saturday, December 22, 2012

Day Four & Five at True North

Day Four wasn't exciting necessarily. woke up feeling rested, got out of bed and dressed at 7am, and spent a lot of time watching lecture videos in the living room with my roommates while knitting. we went to a lecture at 6:30 by Dr Michael Klaper which was very informative. he spoke about the dangers of too much salt, sugar, and oil, what it does to your organs and arteries, and how to keep it at a minimum.

my roommates decided to eat in the room today instead of being sociable in the dining room. that was bitter sweet for me. i got to see what they were eating and smell it, but not tasting it caused me to dream of food. lunch was some kind of soup, asparagus, broccoli, beets, salad. but dinner... dinner was the when the jealousy kicked in! potato enchiladas that looked and smelled wonderful. the girls said they also had rice and steamed veggies to choose from, but they both just got salad instead. i was looking at those enchiladas and wanted so much to taste them. i asked them all kinds of questions to find out the taste, but they aren't very descriptive. they'd never make it as food critics. :-)

i'll go to reception at some point and ask to look at Chef Ramses' cookbook to see if those enchiladas are in there. i hope they are!

see the video for a little more info about changes in me.

blood pressure, heart rate, and temperature were all normal. weight was 146.2.



Day Five
has started out rather blah. i woke up at 1 something in the morning and had a hard time going back to sleep. finally woke again at 6 and then again just before 7. the last time i woke i felt very groggy, a little achy, tired of being in the bed but didn't want to get up, and when i finally sat up i was light headed - just sitting up.

i'm noticeably more weak today for sure. i managed to get up and go to the restroom, washed my face, dry brushed my teeth, and weighed myself, but moved very slowly, carefully, and unenthusiastically.

weight today is 144.8. BP is lower @ 98/60, Heart Rate is higher @ 68, and Temp is higher @ 98. interesting.

i'm not feeling hungry necessarily (every now and then i have a hunger pang), but i do have some grumbling in my tummy. i think my bowels are moving around and are causing a little bit of gas. i have very little strength to push to help them along, so i'm just waiting patiently for my body to do as it wants and eliminate when it's ready.

doctors just came in and took vitals. explaining my blah feelings today the dr said, "welcome to fasting!" apparently all this is normal and that i've passed the worst part. i guess a lot of people experience nausea, cramping, vomiting, and other yucky things in the first 3-4 days. thankfully i didn't have any of that.

my scalp, especially around my temples and forehead is very flaky and has red patchy skin. i haven't washed my hair in five days, so ... i don't know if it will go away if i continue to not wash, or if i should wash and see if it goes away... i don't know. they don't recommend i wash because it takes energy to do so and they want me to conserve energy as much as possible. plus adding stuff to my body is opposite of letting my body eliminate. so ... i don't know what i'm going to do. i may just ride it out.

the taste of water isn't as bad as it was yesterday, so maybe my tongue was coated in junk or something. it's still not great, but a little more tolerable.

today's activities include a morning lecture by Dr. Doug Lisle, psychologist and co-author of The Pleasure Trap. then Chef Ramses will do a food demo this afternoon. and tonight will be Jeopardy with Chef AJ.

i'm looking forward to the day - we'll see how much i keep up with it!

No comments: