Monday, October 20, 2008

modern conveniences

i really do tend to take a lot of things for granted. one of which is doing laundry in the confines of a clean, indoors area. call me spoiled, that's ok. but i like what i like. :-)
when i decided to buy this house, the thought of doing laundry in my garage with my new washer & dryer sitting on blocks of wood to be level and me standing with bugs and dirt at my feet was immediately tossed out of my mind as i began imagining and planning the addition of two walls and a door to make an actual laundry room. that was over a month ago.

finally, my vision has been fulfilled...

from this:


to this:


to this:


between the washer and dryer is a nicely painted window frame (no longer yellow!) and a long space to put a shelf so i can sort and fold my clothes on it. above the washer i'll put a cabinet for the detergent and other cleaning necessities, and maybe another cabinet over the dryer with a rod below it for hanging stuff up. on the long wall opposite the appliances i'll probably hang up my broom and mop and other items of that nature. the floor is now level and tiled nicely, there's a new window that actually opens, and there's a light fixture on the ceiling. it's wonderful to have modern conveniences, and it's even better to be able to use them comfortably.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks nice! great job.