Saturday, June 16, 2007

crystal clear

i want to be crystal clear about something... it might seem random, which it is, but i don't need to explain why. i simply want to share my heart to clarify my experience with Sonic.

though i'm not Sonic management material, in no way have i shared my heart through my work experience in order to "bash" the business. Sonic has been very good to my family for many, many years, and i never intended to imply anything bad about Sonic as a whole.

today's life brings challenges in the business world. every place is run however it can succeed. and every Sonic store is run different. as i've said before, maybe another store would make a difference, but there are no guarantees. today brings teenagers who use every cuss word in one sentence. it brings five different problems to fix in one hour. it brings stresses of a volume that's just too much for me. these are things that just weren't good for my heart. i'm not made to take all of that in for 10 hours a day and go home happy. it wasn't a relfection on my cousin and his store. it was simply the work and what it took to stay in business and succeed.

the particular store i was in is great. the busiest in Texas, i think. they cook the food properly and serve it quickly. they're kind to the customers. and the managers always handle issues correctly. everything business there is proper and i was proud to be involved with them.

as i've said before, the work just wasn't for me. it's a lot of work and a lot of stress and i just feel i'm not cut out for it. but if i were, Sonic is where i'd want to work.

that is my heart. it always has been and always will. i encourage all ten people who will read my blog to go eat at your nearby Sonic today. order tots with cheese for me. it will always be my favorite.

No comments: