Saturday, November 18, 2006

walking the line...

click here for a few more pictures. it shows an erupting volcano, a church, a door, my teacher. just stuff. :-)

i "broke up" with Leo this morning. he was walking the thin line between normal and stalker and i didn't feel comfortable with that at all. last night i'm walking home from a nice hour-ish of studying and cheesecake (VERY good) and find him walking down my street very near the house. i'm like, "what are you doing?" and he's like, "looking for you. i've been here twice."

not only was he making me feel a litte uncomfortable at this point, but he also interrupted the prayer meeting at the house in order to ask for me. therefore, i'm not embarrassed. ugh.

so we talk for a little while. he's very straightforward. normally this is a good trait to have. but when you don't know the person you're being forward with, it's a little strange. especially when that person is ME. so to ask to drink my water and to keep his bike in my family's garage for a few minutes was just a bit much for me to take, but i went along with it thinking it was maybe just a culture thing and it was ok. but when we started talking, he wanted to talk about money and my wallet being stolen and differnet things related to those subjects. and i just started feeling more and more uncomfortable.

finally it was time for my dinner, so we were walking back to the house and he goes to grab my arm and says something like "hey", but it freaked me out. i guess he wanted to ask me something, but the way he was getting my attention scared me. i of course backed up and told him not to do that because it scares me. he said he was sorry and wouldn't continue his sentence. we walked the rest of the way (a short way) in silence, he got his bike and rode off into the darkness with a very short "goodbye".

after dinner i talked with Adolfo about him. on our way out of the garage they met each other, so he came to ask me about him. i told him it was all very strange and he agreed that it would be wise to be careful and go with what i feel, to end it. adios. tienes un buen vida (have a good life).

so this morning i met him at 9:30 at the museum. well, he was late. and the first words out of his mouth was that he needed to borrow a little money to use the internet. that was it. i told him, in spanish, i thought it best if we didn't see each other any more. i gave him Q5 for the internet and he promptly left. he said it was ok, but he was upset. he mentioned the rooftop drink, i guess he wanted me to pay him the Q30 for the drink. but i told him, "you asked me out, you asked me if i wanted a drink, and i told you i had no money with me." as i'm saying that he says it's fine and rides off on his bike saying "that's fine, maybe you need it more than me."

whatever. i feel better that he's gone. i feel bad, but it just was weird and awkward and i don't need to be in that situation. so, it's done. over with. much better. everyone can relax now. :-)

1 comment:

Beryl Williams said...

I am very proud of you for trusting your gut..I know that I do. I am sorry that he ended up being weird though but can't help but think about the fact that every time that you have a situation that is challenging come up and you deal with it, you grow stronger. You are doing GREAT!!
You just keep swingin' (not literally of course!) and having fun. I miss you and love you.