Wednesday, November 29, 2006

bad news, again...

speaking of no money ... i got some bad news today. i've been laid off. i've only been processing this news for about 30 minutes, but i still don't know what to say. the company i work for has been hurting for money for a while now. when i asked for a leave of absence, they of course were happy to comply because that meant they didn't have to pay me. but before i left my boss told me that they couldn't guarantee a job when i returned if lay-offs occurred.

well, even though i'm naturally a pessimistic, i was optomistic in my thinking at the time and just assumed that wouldn't happen. i had trust in the Lord that He would keep my job secure and everything would be just fine.

now i have to trust the Lord to provide a new job.

it's one thing if you choose to leave your job. it really is a whole other thing when they lay you off, even if it is only because of lack of money ... ... ... it hurts.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

**sigh**

I am so sorry.

Mom

Anonymous said...

hello my friend, soooo sorry about the bad news! The good news is that Jesus isn't blind sided by the this, I'm not being over spiritual here either!! I'm in kinda the same boat, well actually a lot worse boat, so remember you're not alone!!! Keep your head in the work that remains, this will work out for the good!
Neil AKA U.M.

Anonymous said...

Dear Jenny, I'm so sorry this has happened but we will pray that this is the Lord's way for you and you'll just have to rely on him as I am sure you will. Do not be discouraged, I am sure this will work out for the best for you.
Love, gm.
November 29, 2006 - 7:57p.m.

Anonymous said...

I just want to offer a shoulder and a simple, "I am sorry for your hurt and I am here for you." We'll talk about God's love for you later.