Monday, October 09, 2006

the final days

things seem to be in order. all the loose ends are being tied. but i'm totally freaked out. i'm scared and am happy today is still only monday. i want to give a few shout-outs now, cuz in a few days i'll be overwhelmed with too much to focus...

ABBE & NATALIE: thank you SO much for taking care of the house, physically and financially. i really hope you both will enjoy the space.

KRIS: thanks for dinners, peeps, and truth. i look forward to Spanish tough love.

JANET: i seriously hope you get to see London. and i look forward to hearing all about South Africa. thanks for all your support and being excited with me.

CAM: thanks, dude, for your excitement. be happy ... seriously. thanks for the e-mail chats.

DAVID & HAROLD: thank you both for your support of my adventure. i really appreciate your flexibility and willingness.

SUZANNE: even though long distance you stay close to my heart. thanks, chicklett.

GAE: thanks for the support of squeezable peanut butter, packing, lugging a backpack at 30, and helping me with all the little things that have gotten me all crazed. and so much more.

BERYL: i know you and Ozzy and Tinkerbell are going to have a great time together. thank you for volunteering. that really means more to me than you'll ever know. i can't wait to see their pictures! thank you, also, for understanding my fears and validating them while encouraging me at the same time.

CHRISTINE: you're an awesome chick. i believe in you. thank you for taking over a lot of my job ... please don't hesitate to ask me for help if you get stuck, feel overwhelmed, just want to say hi, whatever. i hope you won't close the door just yet.

MARCIE, TAMMY, JEFF, & DEANNE: thank you for keeping me excited through your OWN excitement. and for the overwhelming tips, in Spanish no less!

the FAM: all of you have been wonderfully supportive. thank you for being positive, helping me look at all the angles, and being afraid with me. i look forward to Christmas.

there's always more to say, but i'll end here for now. it's been amazing to get so much support. thank you, EVERYONE, for believing in me, praying for me, and looking forward to my return.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

you're right, Sandy. see? i try to be proactive and i still don't get it right! here's my addendum...

"Thank you Sandy, Sylvia, Marcia, David, Harold, all of finance, and everyone else who is and will be delegated VQ tasks, for continuing the VQ saga of our lives without me. May the force be with you."

Adios, queridos amigos...

Anonymous said...

brothers and sisters in Christ form this culture are a wonderful blessing to us and will be to you also. Don't hesitate to ask those from this your hosting culture for help. They are glad to.

Jeff Nelson

Anonymous said...

Jenny ! I am going to miss you ! But, I am so proud of you for stepping out on this adventure. You are an amazing woman of faith, and an inspiration ! I love you !
~Abbe~

Anonymous said...

You're there, you're there!!!! I can't wait to hear your first impressions - good or bad!!! Have a great first week of school! - Marcie

Anonymous said...

WE LOVE YOU JENNY!!!!!!!! Coooooooooookie Monster (Amanda) has coooooooookies waiting for you when you come to Maryland/TN in April 2007. (Ok, so it's a bribe - Did we mention cookies?)

We look forward to any pictures you post and can't wait to hear about this awesome adventure.

Love you lots <3
Suzanne & Amanda

P.S. Did we mention cookies?