Wednesday, August 29, 2007

go!

i have officially begun my job search. about a week ago, i re-applied at Walgreens to work in the pharmacy. Monday the manager called me for an interview. it went well, involving casual conversation and a test. but the interview was to work in the photo lab and second in cosmetics for pretty low pay.

that night i got motivated ... finally. i submitted my resume to two or three places online and planned my route for the next day. so yesterday i went out with resumes in hand and filled out three applications in town and even had a mini-interview with the HR guy at Blue Bell. i applied for any job at BB, a 911 operator for the city, and a graphics person at a trophy shop. then i came home and applied for three different computer related positions at Blinn College, all of which i'm not really qualified for, but assured them in my cover letter that i could learn quickly.

and yesterday afternoon, while i was running around applying, the manager at the Walgreens called and asked i call him back. i didn't know what to tell him if he did offer me the job, so i slept on it. i just got off the phone with him, and sure enough he offered me the job. i thanked him and told him i would like it, but asked if i could think about it more over the weekend before accepting it.

*sigh* every job i've ever had, i just realized, i've only interviewed one time during my search and ended up being asked to stay. which is wonderful, don't get me wrong. it's very assuring and good and wonderful. BUT ... all of those other times i NEEDED a job and/or WANTED the job i was applying for. this one, i'm not so sure about because of where my heart is, because of the pay, because of the wishy-washy hours, because of .... the list could go on, but i'll spare you.

but, maybe nothing else will come along? maybe this is where God wants me? and maybe, just maybe, in 6 months or less, i would start training to be a pharmacy technician and maybe get the job in another 6 months and then i'd be making a lot more and would have great training for the future and ....

i don't know what to do. but i have a few days to think about it. thankfully he positively agreed to let me think it over until tuesday. so, while i'm laying on the beach in Cozumel drinking PiƱa Coladas, i'll be thinking and praying and hoping for answers.

in the meantime, i appreciate your prayers as well. and if you get any confirmations or red flags or anything, please send them my way.

No comments: