Friday, November 03, 2006

TGIF, for real

i'm very happy it's friday. my brain is tired from all the new verbs i've "learned" this week with Hugo.

i went from living in a very quiet house to now a very busy house. in one day three new students showed up to live in the house. which is good. but now my socialization has to increase. thankfully there are more people to talk which takes a little attention off me.

so now we have...
Suzanne from Switzerland, 24 or 25 yrs old
Jackie from Oregon, 22
Ingrid & "Tawgney" from Sweden, 60s

it was kinda fun this morning cuz i got to answer the couple's questions about what to do with dishes, water, towel, etc. it's like, "hey, i actually KNOW something!" it wasn't spoken in Spanish, but at least i felt like a semi-expert about living in Antigua and in the house. :-)

Hugo is a great complementer. he says i am very intelligent and give great examples. that pleases me and encourages me to proceed with class every day. i missed 7 out of 30 on my homework though. oh well. "esta bien"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really sorry about your wallet, Jenny!! Unfortunately, just part of life there. Hopefully you won't be liable for the charges they made on your card. We had cards stolen also but were not held liable for the charges. I know this will color your whole trip in some way. You seem to be handling it okay from what you have said. That is good. Try to remember that something like that could happen here as well. We will continue to pray that God use all this the way he wants to in your life. NOT FUN though.

The H candy is almost gone. I think about you every time I eat a piece. I hope that counts for something.

You are going to be one fit girl when you get back!

Learn a little....you know the rest.

Jeff