Friday, November 10, 2006

estoy muy alegre!

i am very happy today is friday. i need a break. my teacher, Hugo, even said not to study this weekend because he (and i) don't want my brain to get too full and then not be able to fit anything in it on monday. i will try. :-)

tonight the school is having a fiesta for the teachers and students. the teachers bring the food, students bring the drinks, we all eat, talk in Spanish, and then dance. we're also supposed to have fun while doing this. yes, i am being a little negative about it because i'm scared, but i also think it could be fun and is a nice thing for the school to do. but i'm scared because of not knowing what to talk about with people. it's my introverted self talking, that's all.

Jackie, the American, who was in our house for only a few days, has left now to go live in a hostel and work at Mono Loco. so a girl from the Czech Republic took her place starting yesterday. we finally met her last night at dinner. her name is Marcella and speaks no spanish but a lot of english. she seems cool enough. :-)

pray for me. i have grown attached to Susanne and she's leaving on Tuesday. i have only a couple of days left to prepare for her departure in my heart. i just like hanging out with her and walking home and to school and talking and laughing a lot. i've enjoyed her company very much and am sensing a lot of disappointment in her leaving. so, i need my heart to be ok about it all...

time for lunch, so hasta luego!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, are you getting the missionary experience, or what?! Language barriers, difficult food and the constant good-byes. You will be able to relate so well with all the missys you interact with from here on out! Marcella must be cool - she has a great name! Have a great weekend!!! Marcie (Marcela in Spanish)

Beryl Williams said...

Hey there sweetie! This is my first time here in, well, too long. I have really been missing out too! I started on the most recent entry and found myself going backwards because I wanted to know what you were talking about. This is really good reading! You should think about writing a book sometime...! :-)
You have a gift! I am so very proud of you!